Sunday 2 December 2007

Without Love, Life is Gone. Without Life, Love Goes On and On

Tomorrow night, I’m going bravely venture into the outside world and trek all the way to the dirty streets of London town. The mission, the pilgrimage and the reward will be to see the one and only Viking Moses, otherwise known as Brendon Massei. I’m sure that if you have the ability to use the internet thus far, you can find all about Viking Moses all on your oddy knocky. Here are a few facts that you may not discover during your lonesome exploits online:

  • Before travelling to The End of the Road festival this year, Brendon packed a little collection of homemade CDs to give to a friend as a personalised present. Two of these CDs were ‘Saint Eskimo – Of the West and Shut your Mouth’ and ‘Viking Moses – If We Were Moons’. These CDs are on my computer desk as I type. I am not the aforementioned friend.

  • Brendon’s favourite venue is The Luminaire, London.

  • Brendon answers his own emails.

  • Brendon is poor and sometimes has to sell his belongings, even the ones he plans to give away as presents.


What you can find out on the internet is that:


  • Viking Moses has played with the likes of Bonnie Prince Billy, Cat Power and Devendra Banhart.

  • Brendon has been perpetually on tour since 1996.

  • Viking Moses have released an album called ‘Crosses’ which warrants eight out of ten from Drowned in Sound.

  • Brendan will be playing his favourite venue in the whole wide world tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily Fabpants,

I came across your profile because i googled 'without love life is gone, without life love goes on and on'. Yes, i googled the whole thing. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHOSE SONG THAT IS FOR MONTHS!! And no-one knows. Apart from YOU i sense?! I dont even know what it's called.

Also i have seen your list of gigs and find it a lil bit funny how many of the same things we've been to. I just finished my degree at Sussex so i know of Peggy Sue and the Pirates. And i like Cocorosie. I LOVE regina - saw her at Concord and Shepherds Bush. Went to Glasto this year... Do you know brighton band Passenger? THEYRE AMAZING.

Anyway - if you can gimme any info on that song/singer i would REALLY appreciate it.

You can email me at:
s_cala_lesina@hotmail.com

Thank you!!

Sonia

Emily Fabpants said...

A number of people arrive at my blog by searching for this post's heading. And what fine lyrics I quote within it.

I suggest going out and spending a few pennies on this album:
Viking Moses - Crosses.

The lyrics "without love life is gone, without life love goes on and on" are from the title track.

Viking Moses is a brilliant and friendly man. I also recommend Phosphorescent who played an amazing song called 'Wolves' on the night that this post refers to.

Emily Fabpants said...

Viking Moses - Crosses
Lyrics

Without love, life is gone
Without life, love goes on and on
So take me in your arms
Bring me back with ivory horns
And break me in your arms
Break my pride in all its forms
Without love, life is gone
Without life, love goes on and on
Crosses 'side the road
'cross his eyes, 'cross his nose
'cross his little toes
Crosses stand in rows and rows
Without love, life is gone
Without life, love goes on and on

Post a Comment