Thursday 21 October 2010

Ten Thousand Things

Ten Thousand Things: the simultaneous connection and independence of everything.

When I said 'wig out' in the office the other day, the music lover I was gabbing to questioned me. "Wig out! Never heard of it, what does it mean?" I explained to the best of my ability. Then I enjoyed the paranoia of doubt.

Later, I checked online. I was wrong. There was an Emily-ism, so to speak. But damn, if I hadn't had to become an inept dictionary, I could have got away with it. At the exact point of the gig I was championing, the musician did wig out.

If you think that's the kind of coincidence that could blow an ant's arse off (yeah, right), since then I've read the term 'wig out' three times; twice in the NME magazine (one issue) and once on the Resonance FM website. Perhaps I'm the source of a word renaissance, or did I respond to a collective thought?

If there was a collective thought, I was a conduit, unaware of true meaning. I may have altered true meaning forever. Perhaps that's my role in my karass.

* A karass is "a team that do[es] God's Will without ever discovering what they are doing." [Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle, 1963]

No comments:

Post a Comment