Monday 9 May 2011

The Wicker Man

Sometimes Brighton steps up and reminds me why I chose to live here.

It's been a good week for it.

At the weekend the Brighton Festival began, as it always does, with the Children's Parade. I didn't stumble across the Children’s Parade this year. When I do, I have to hold back the tears. The sight of small children, parading the streets in homemade fancy dress, touches a silly soft place in my heart.

Instead, I started the festival by visiting three Open Houses. Then, as the weekend drew to a close, I headed to my favourite park in town: St Anne's Well Gardens. Yes, for two nights running, very nook and cranny of the park devoted itself to the magical reverence of fire. Last night, it gently unfolded itself to me.


Jardin Flambeau
It was enchanting in every way.

Come back next year Jardin Flambeau. Pretty please.

No comments:

Post a Comment