Thursday 3 April 2008

Four Days of History and a Lifetime of Misery

Or Happiness.

What have you been up to since Monday morning? I thought I might share a little snapshot of my week thus far. Maybe you will do the same. It’s funny how much happens in just a few days when you think on it.

In the last four days, I’ve:
  • Watched two paddle boarders silhouetted against the evening sky
  • Bicycled a mile on a very flat tyre
  • Vaguely attempted to make a broken hi-fi make sound and failed
  • Given out 93 business cards with the Samaritans telephone number on the back
  • Watched ‘Be Your Own Pet’ with friends
  • Had my left foot stamped on by a very large man
  • Received a personal email that made me feel sad
  • Been told that my hands were on TV, but failed to see them myself
  • Talked at ease with approximately 200 strangers
  • Been asked if I am more than 18 years of age
  • Gained immense pleasure from watching ‘Peter and the Wolf’ (US solo artist) with My Geek
  • Received a signed contract to create another website to thrust into the world
  • Listened to a very young man reminisce about the days before his children were born; the days before he went into prison
  • Watched our cat spend her first days ever in the great outdoors
  • Suffered the single most painful moment of my life thus far
  • Spoken with a lady who spent ten hours carrying her dead mother in her arms, in Northern Africa, not knowing what to do
  • Experienced mixed feelings about our cat's gift to us on her sixth day of freedom; a wounded live bird that left blood smears on the window
  • Watched a young man playing with pipe cleaners, and a 'make your own' furry bug kit, as he talked about his time in foster homes and the devil bitch that bore his first
  • Sat on a child’s chair in a room full of adults doing the same
  • Watched the first two episodes of 'The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perin'
  • Discovered that vegan fudge is now for sale and put it in the cupboard for later
  • Experienced the fear that 'vegan fudge for sale' won’t be as good as my imagination tells me it will be
  • Unclipped the security barrier at ‘Future of the Left’ and let the people and the band be as one
  • Let my insides eat themselves in a wonderful fit of sonic pleasure, as 'Colin is a Pussy' bounced about my ears
  • Felt glad that my insides haven't really been digested, and it was just the bass guitar
  • Rejoiced in the fact that I'm in perfect working order to do nothing and enjoy it, and celebrated my freedom to do exactly that.

I hope you enjoyed my week so far. I did and it’s only Thursday. It’s time to get ready for Friday and a full day of birthday celebrations. Not mine, but near enough. I'm not working; I'm having fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This week I have been mostly reading other people's blogs. It helps pass the time until death's sweet release.

Post a Comment