Sunday 6 April 2008

The Met Office Predicts ‘A Typical British Summer’

At 9.09am I successfully bought a Glastonbury Festival ticket.

At 9.40am it started snowing.

By 11.30am I had built a truly fine snowman on Hove Lawns.

That’s a productive morning.

It rarely snows enough to settle in this part of the world and the adult population of Hove was notably excited. Snowpersons, sculptures and balls were made in gleeful abundance and digital cameras went snap, snap, snap.

The West Pier shimmered and the beach glistened. Did someone mention spring? Well, it’s cancelled. We’ve decided to have a proper winter instead; several years and a few months behind schedule.

The children of Hove must have been on the alcopops last night. I only saw three of them. Don’t they teach them about hangovers in school these days? Milk Thistle my children, Milk Thistle.

On another note, I entertained myself on Friday (my one day holiday) by watching 'Son of Rambow' on the big screen and 'Treasure Island' at the theatre. The former is absolutely fantastic and the latter is soaked in rum. For your own good health, please watch 'Son of Rambow' and, when you do, allow your emotions to run free. I’ve turned into a gush bucket and shed tears of joy in my big cinema chair. That’s a first for me. Morning shows are great. They're just so empty. It’s like being in your very own picture house.

No comments:

Post a Comment