Friday 16 May 2008

Who's Amongst the Pigeons?

It’s no secret that I like cats. I’m the nutter that speaks to every cat that sits on the street. Earlier this year, I rescued a cat that had been living at the RSPCA for eight months. I like cats. Okay!

Today, I’d like to introduce you to another kind of cat. In some ways this cat ain’t so different. There are those standard qualities: independent, secretive, a keenness to hide away in comfortable corners, and most importantly, oh so adoring of attention on his own terms. Did I say ‘his’?

To be honest, no one is quite sure who it is that masquerades as the cat that you will soon adore. It could be Britney reborn for all I know. Some say that the feline presence is a secret front for Moby, Apex Twin or Mylo. I get confused. The internet is raging with arguments, and I don’t have to time to follow them all.

I do know this: the crazy cat has not only become a MySpace sensation and Blogger fodder, they have also had oodles of airplay on Radio One, with Rob Da Bank, Tom Robinson, and Mary Anne Hobbs, all in on some hairball groove-time action.

If you’re slow on the uptake, and this is news to you, be slow no longer. It’s time to get:
Amongst the Pigeons.

Does Moby live in Brighton? Does Mylo or Aphex? I think not. FatBoy Slim sure does. Where the cat's identity is concerned, your guess is as good as mine.

Fabpants Recommends: M Ward’s ‘Transfiguration of Vincent’ and the film ‘Eagle Versus Shark’. The same cover of 'Let’s Dance' features in both.

2 comments:

Amongst The Pigeons said...

dear miss emily blogpants. i wanted to take the time to personally write to you and thank you for creating a post about me.

i am flattered and grateful for the link you posted which i am sure has increased traffic to my site my 2.78%

as a thank you i would like to send you a copy of my album 'music to brush your teeth to'. its not yet finished but will be soon.

in the meantime dont shout at any cats.

cat - amongst the pigeons

Emily Fabpants said...

Holy crap. I think I might wet myself. The cat himself has left his scent on my blog. And he wants to send me a copy of his album. Thanks Mr Cat. But who are you? You smell kind of nice.

Post a Comment