Saturday 24 May 2008

Winners Like Us

“You have won 2 tix to SLEEPING ROUGH.” It’s everybody’s dream. How many of us get the chance to take a dirty sleeping bag into a grimy shop entrance and freeze to death each night? Not me; never! Last night, I got a text saying I had won. Yippee. Yippee. Yippee.

What am I talking about? Why am I happy? I get cold in a summer breeze. I would die out there. If you ever want to kill me, just shut me out in the cold.

Thank The Pixies that 'Sleeping Rough' is a series of “violently poetic, visceral, funny Australian plays”. Well, Crisis ‘the homeless charity’ likes them. What do I care? I’ve won eighteen pounds worth of free tickets for some real live theatre action; not even amdram.

It’s going to be a brilliant day. It’s ‘The International Buskers Festival’ in town and I have free tickets to see a play. Come nightfall, I'm going to see the band that wrote “For Lennys Own Pleasure”. And when darkness is all we have, I’ve been invited to an unpretentious club night to leap around the room.

After the week, I’ve had, what with a birthday party, a leaving do and a brilliant barbecue, I should be lying in bed. It’s all far too exciting. I am going to attempt to save my tomato plants from the aphids and then enjoy the wonderful world that surrounds me.

Tomorrow, I get to see my friends in Coventry. Fan-bloody-fastic

Fabpants Recommends: Dean & Britta – Back Numbers. 'You Turned My Head Around' is quite simply an amazing track.

No comments:

Post a Comment